Working in Oncology is totally different than I thought it would be. I imagined this dark specialty in which everyone was invariably depressed. SO DIFFERENT!!
I have seen new drugs that have cured cancers. People are living longer than in any time previous. The technology and research is so promising. Today we saw 8 patients with metastatic breast cancer; some to lung, liver, bone and brain. All of them are living well beyond what anyone would have thought imaginable even 10 years ago. Metastatic cancer used to be a 6 month death sentence. Not any more. The drugs/chemo/radiation available now can completely reverse and cure some of these metastases. It is amazing.
One of the Dr.'s I work with received an email with a link to this guy's web page. He has Multiple Myeloma which can be a very painful disease. However, despite the dismal diagnosis, he and some friends wrote this song. Here is someone who is trying to see the glass as half full.
No comments:
Post a Comment