Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Have you ever been....

too excited to sleep? I'm supposed to hop on an airplane at 7:50 this morning. So waking up at 2:15 a.m. was not in the plan. But, here I am. All ready to go with an hour to spare.

It's probably because I'm too excited. It's been six long weeks since The Hubster and I were together. He's been in Pittsburgh, I've been in Scottsbluff/Cheyenne. It's likely that these six weeks have been longer for him. I've been spending a lot of time with my family in Cheyenne. He's been sitting alone in our new house. Yeah, we've been able to talk every day; usually for about two hours (I know, that's a long time for Lars to be on the phone but it's true!) but it's just not the same.

I suppose it could have been worse, right? There are thousands of military people, whom I respect a great deal, that leave their families and go away for months to years to fight for our country. I think they get to talk once a month or something. And, even when the come back they have to go to some sort of military detox for a month or so while their spouse and family know they are in the states but can't see them. Now, isn't that worse?

So, those six weeks are up and it's back together again.......for a week.

1 comment:

  1. Not-too-coincidentally, I had a tough time sleeping last night too. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete