I thought I would try and document some of the interesting things I've seen this month in the ER in Scottsbluff, Nebraska.
First of all, let me tell you that I have NOT seen any grotesque tractor accidents - though Lars likes to tell everyone that's what I do here.
The other day, I spent the majority of the time suturing. From rottweiler dog bites to golfing accidents (where someone tried to remove an ear), I've gotten a little faster and sewing.
There have been equestrian accidents where a pelvis was broken, a rattlesnake bite, anaphalaxis reactions, the common cold, resistant staph infections, kidney stones, heart attacks, heart failure, asthma exacerbations and many other things.
Yesterday was pretty exciting. We had a Unisom overdose, several car accidents and an elderly man who was coding (meaning CPR was initiated right when he came in). Unfortunately, the old man didn't make it. He had lung cancer as well as brain tumors. He was 92. The young man was seizing for over 4 hours and his internal body temperature had risen to 108 degrees. Last I heard, he was still alive but I don't know how long he'll make it.
Sounds like you are keeping plenty busy! I'll know wo to call for my next sewing project. :) Just kidding! How is married life? Ihope awesome. Sorry we didn't make it to your wedding. I had to work and I tried to get out of it without sufficient luck. You know how the health care field goes. We were a few nurses short and no one else to call on! Anyway, I wish the happiest and as a RN I look forward to hearing about your ER experiences!
ReplyDeleteI just have to ask. Why would you go to the emergency room with cold symptoms? Maybe it was an old person that was coughing up a lung or something.
ReplyDeleteI went to the ER once and then diagnosed with mononucleosis. The only reason I went to the ER is cause everything else was closed. Maybe thats why someone with a cold went there was that everything else was closed.
ReplyDeleteOkay, Lars, I think it is time for you to take one for the team and get in a gruesome tractor accident so that Dr. Sarah can report on what it is like to handle it.
ReplyDeleteSounds like just another day at the office. I'm a doctor too, but all my people are dead and have been for hundreds of years. It makes triage easier that way. By the way, I saw Lars at church today. He seems to be well. (You don't know me - I'm alex valencic's blog-surfing father in law.)
ReplyDeleteBro. Reger, you were supposed to say I looked downcast and lonely without my lovely wife!
ReplyDeleteSarah, Lars is completely miserable whenever he's here without you! I told him that next time, he needs to bring you with him. Besides, we're all kinda getting sick of seeing his ugly mug all the time...
ReplyDeletesarah- I like the new picture you posted. It is a really good one. We need to visit. How are things going? I haven't talk to you forever!!! Love you!!
ReplyDelete