
Well, I'm finally posting about our trip to Bear Lake this year. It was right after our honeymoon. We flew into Salt Lake Tuesday July 1st and left for Bear Lake Wednesday morning. I guess the fam is going to make this a yearly tradition. I am quite excited about that, and I don't think I'm alone!

That afternoon, everyone was already down at the lake on the jet skis. Lars and I suited up and went to the lake. We had such a blast. We did that on Tuesday and Wednesday. Mom decided to feed the gulls. She had about 50 crowded around her and then she would start screaming when they started getting too close. Hannah came and decided that she should run through the flock of gulls and see what happened. We were having fun. Mom found one that was hooked with a fishing lure. She tried to throw food specifically to that one and tried to get dad to catch it so they could remove the lure. Dad tried, but that gull would have none of it.

We also went to the Minnetonka Cave. It has over beautiful stalactites and stalagmites, over 800 stairs and is 40 degrees year round. Mom and dad decided to stay in town and look at the area. It really is gorgeous.
There were amazing rock formations in the cave, but we also got to see some wildlife. Here is a photo of one in its attack stance. Poor Hannah. She didn't stand a chance.


More pictures at the cave.

Hannah was so excited to see "cute guys" all over the place. This was her way of getting their attention. How could anyone resist?

I was sick (really, really sick) on our honeymoon. I was still trying to get better while we were there. Tylenol, Chloraseptic and an occasional Vicodin were good friends.

We took a few trips into Grand City for Raspberry shakes...YUMMY! I'm not sure the topic of conversation while this picture was being taken.

(Don't tell anyone about this) We were short one seatbelt in the van so Danny set up a camping chair in the van with the back against the driver's seat. When we went to the city, he served as our tour guide. (In the background you can see Joseph's back which was burned to a lobster red -- poor guy.)

We had an absolutely wonderful time. The place we stayed in had a queen bed in one room where mom and dad slept and then another room with two captain bunk beds. Lars and I took one of the bottom bunks. One morning while Lars and I were trying to sleep in, Danny and Jake decided to climb in bed with us, no doubt to try and get us out of bed. What a Kodak moment!
Just for the record, that last photo is totally photoshopped. There is no way I would actually appear in such a photo in real life. Just so everyone's clear on that.
ReplyDeleteit's always fun to see pictures. I didn't know you were sick over your honeymoon. sorry, that must have been a bummer...the pic. of you and all those boys in bed, my my my, what has become of you my dear?? Love ya!
ReplyDelete